2 bottles of Pinot Grigio or Pinot Gris
2 cups of Prosecco
6 oz Cavlados or Apple Brandy
6 Ripe, Fresh Peaches
2 Granny Smith or other tart Apples cored and cut into small pieces
1 Lemon thinly sliced – seeds removed
¼ cup Sugar – optional
– 1 hour (or up to 1 day) ahead, cut 3 of the Peaches into small pieces, place in a bowl with the Apple pieces.
– Add the Calvados or Apple Brandy to the bowl and muddle. While you want to extract some juice from the fruit, be careful not to completely smash the Peach pieces.
-Cover tightly and refrigerate until just before serving.
– Before serving, remove the pits and puree the remaining 3 Peaches in a blender or food processor.
– Add the pureed Peaches and the brandy soaked fruit to a large pitcher or beverage container.
– Add the Wine, Prosecco and Lemon Slices. Stir well and serve over ice.
– If the Sangria is not sweet enough for your taste – add a little sugar at a time tasting until it is to your desired sweetness. Sangria made with very ripe Peaches should not need any additional sweetening.
– Remember to Like, Share or Comment on this post to continue getting my Cocktail of the Week in your news feed.
Tip: Be sure to cut your fruit in to small pieces. The fruit should be big enough to nibble as you drink but not so big as to fill your glass with one piece or make it difficult to sip.